Freaky old movies Eraserhead (1977) and The Freaks (1932)

I decided to watch the movie Eraserhead after I saw that it was mentioned by Charles Bukowski in his novel Hollywood (1989). Bukowski mentioned that he liked two movies, Eraserhead and The Lost Weekend (1945).

I considered The Lost Weekend to be the best movie about drinking until I saw the outstanding film Wake in Fright (1971). 

I enjoyed the charming movie The Freaks some years ago.

For some reason it reminded me of Eraserhead, though Eraserhead really is out on its own as far as genre, and everything else.

Eraserhead cannot be described, as it is too abstract, but it is definitely worth watching and memorable.

If someone asked me what was the weirdest or freaky movie I had ever watched, Eraserhead would be the first to come to mind.

Perhaps that was why Bukowski liked it.







Comments

Popular Posts